My Clinic in West Seattle
Opened in February 2014, Lifespan Naturopathic Medicine is a naturopathic medical office open to all people of all ages, all conditions, and all stages of health. As a licensed naturopathic physician, Dr. Angela Ross can either lead a medical team as the primary care physician, or she can work in conjunction with an established medical team to provide adjunctive care. Regardless of the role she plays in a person’s medical care, Dr. Ross practices according to the foundational principles of naturopathic medicine:
- Engage and Utilize the Healing Power of Nature: Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self‐healing process in people that is ordered and intelligent. Naturopathic physicians act to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery.
- Identify and Treat the Causes: Naturopathic physicians seek to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness rather than merely to eliminate or suppress symptoms.
- First Do No Harm: Naturopathic physicians follow three guidelines to avoid harming the patient:
- Utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat;
- Avoid, when possible, the harmful suppression of symptoms;
- Acknowledge, respect, and work with an individual’s self‐healing process.
- Doctor as Teacher: Naturopathic physicians educate their patients and encourage self‐responsibility for health.
- Treat the Whole Person: Naturopathic physicians treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and other factors. Since total health also includes spiritual health, naturopathic physicians encourage individuals to pursue their personal spiritual development.
- Prevention: Naturopathic physicians emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity, and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.
Lifespan Naturopathic Medicine utilizes Quest Diagnostics for most conventional lab testing and also maintains accounts with several smaller laboratories for more specialty testing. The clinic has all of the supplies necessary to perform blood draws, process specimens, and order diagnostic/screening labs in office.